CUSCO – MOLLEPATA – SORAYPAMPA – HUMANTAY LAGOON
The trip begins at your hotel in Cusco, our transfer will visit you between 04:00 and 05:00 in the morning, we will make a two and a half hour trip by car to the town of Mollepata, where we can have breakfast and stock up on the latest provisions. After breakfast we will continue our trip for an hour and a half by car, the road we will take is dirt (trail) until we reach the community of Soraypampa which is located at an altitude of 3900 meters above sea level. During the trip we will see beautiful landscapes and the impressive snowy “Salkantay”. From Soraypampa we will undertake a 2 km walk. The road is ascending and will take us about an hour and a half to two, while we do the walk we will see a panorama of snow-capped mountains, impressive natural landscapes and a great diversity of flora and fauna until we reach the “Laguna de Humantay” that It is located at an altitude of 4200 meters above sea level.
The “Humantay Lagoon” is turquoise due to the mineral found at the bottom, the lagoon is fed by mountain glaciers and is considered a jewel of nature, in addition to delighting ourselves with the Humantay lagoon we can enjoy the impressive views of the surrounding mountains. We will descend walking until we reach the community of Soraypampa where we can enjoy lunch. After lunch we will start the return trip to the city of Cusco. Our tour ends at approximately 6:30 in the afternoon, thus ending our walk to the Humantay lagoon for 1 day.
- Pre-departure information.
- Pick up from your hotel in the morning and transfer by tourist transport Cusco – Mollepata – Soraypampa – Cusco (starting point of the walk).
- Breakfast and lunch.
- Entrance to the community of Mollepata
- Professional guide English – Spanish.
- First aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle (in the car).
- Hotel in Cuzco.
- Horse rental.
- Other services not mentioned.
- Wear a jacket or warm clothing.
- Sunscreen, factor 90+.
- In the rainy season a water poncho.
- Hiking shoes (hike / treeking).